Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

I run a small agency and I have a client that wants me to

Customer Question

I run a small agency and I have a client that wants me to take a clause out of a contract which would mean we be liable for some email work that we would be doing on their behalf. We are loathe to do this as a) its our contract and b) it's for a small project. Along with our T&Cs, we also have a statement of work, in which I have included some information on how we would use the data. Are we liable at all if there are any issues? Many thanks, Nicky
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none - just working on the wording of the statement of work
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Michael Holly replied 1 year ago.

Good morning

You will not have the benefit of whatever protection the clause provides . What is the gist of the clause and has the client given a reason for wanting it removed?

Michael