How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask marcusmalin Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2726
Type Your Law Question Here...
marcusmalin is online now

I have a question we just had a hearing this morning for a

This answer was rated:

Hi I have a question we just had a hearing this morning for a non molestation order against my step son for the ordeal we have been suffering for the last 2 month's the judge granted to us how long usually takes for it to receive it thanks regards ***** *****
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Yes we issued all papers we had the hearing this morning via phone invitation and the judge as granted to us how long will it takes before we receive it
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Yes it was sitting in romford Essex family court hearing was this morning.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just want the answer please.

Hello Gino, this is Marcus.

I am pleased you got the order.

You should chase the court tomorrow if you have not received the order.

Usually it can take a while but as it is a non molestation order then they are pretty quick.

Did your step son partake in the hearing?

Also provide a copy to the local police so they have a copy on record in case he breaches it.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks yes he did .as soon as I get I'll provide a copy to the police . Hopefully but I'm still concern that he may retaliate his already damaged my side of the car with his car keys but it uppened on Tuesday after we had to call police again he come back I didn't report it yet wanted to wait for this order know I don't know if I should report it or I'll be making things worst he can get dangerous. What's your advice thanks regards Gino

Hello Gino,

Although he no doubt caused the damage do you have any evidence?

Without any clear evidence then it is unlikely the police will take any action.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have I've already contacted them I have clear video recording of home cctv..

That is helpful that you have him on CCTV. You have done the right thing in making a compliant to the police.

Have you received the order yet.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I'm waiting still regarding the matter of his belongings he refused to give his address at the hearing and the judge noted this in the order and told him if he wants his staff has to be mutually arranged via the police presence to collect. I've contact him but no replying. How long do I wait for him to collect his staff and what can I do legally to advise him if he doesn't collect I'll dispose of them .please advice thanks regards Gino

Let’s see what the judge has precisely put in the order. To leave it open ended it not helpful I would hope maybe the judge would have put a time limit on the order. If not you will need to allow a little time.

I would suggest until we have sight of the order you just box his stuff up and put it in the shed or garage so it is out of your way.

Once we have the order if no time limit is in the order I would be tempted to raise this with the judge with a view of a time scale being included.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks .how long usually we wait for the order to come thus it get delivered via post or emailed then when I get do I need to let him have a copy .the judge mentioned we can what's up him as we served him before what's best thing thanks regards Gino.

It should usually only be a few days until you receive the order. In normal circumstances when you go to court I would often wait around until they prepared the order the same day.

I suggest you chase on Monday.

If the judge has said you can Whatapp him then do just that and of course let the police have a copy.

Thank you.


marcusmalin and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry one more thing regarding his correspondence still coming here how can I make it stop I was thinking if I have it rediscovered to his girlfriend and is up to him to sort out to pick it up would I be in my legal right to do it .do I have to notify him first? Appreciate your advice thanks regards Gino.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry meant redirect it.