SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

When they came with the inspection I have asked them to

Customer Question

When they came with the inspection I have asked them to email me the assured rent agreement and I am requesting again a copy of the certificate to prove that my deposit is put in a scheme. They promised to do it. Then they said but we are still keeping the money
I didn't sign the inspection report.
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 1 year ago.

Good evening, well if they have no evidence it was protected and your tenancy is an AST then they will be foolish to not try to regularise their situation. A clever landlord would protect it now and try to mitigate their loss because they can then appeal to the judge to try and reduce the penalty from x3. If the inspection report contained information you didn’t agree with then you did right by not signing it. You will at some point have to decide once it’s clear there is no certificate whether you are making a claim through the court for the x3 the value of your deposit compensation. all the best