Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I brought a sports bra from ASOS and went for a run and it

Customer Question

Hello there - I brought a sports bra from ASOS and went for a run and it burnt my skin and caused my skin to scar. Where do I stand with this?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: United Kingdom
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have contacted ASOS and sent pictures and they said they would get back to me and didn't so I chased back up yesterday and they have now told me they are going to send me a refund in 11 working days. But my skin is now scared
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

What are you ideally hoping for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Compensation I suppose - now I have 2 lines on my chest very visable from this sports bra. Think is now going to effect what I wear
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Leave it with me for now, although please note it is extremely busy at present due to the ongoing situation so there may be a delay in replying, but I will get back to you at some point today. Please do not reply in the meantime. Many thanks

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Many thanks for your patience. Whether you can get any compensation or not will depend on what caused the injury. For example, if it was because of a material in the bra which reacted badly then there may be a potential case. The other factor would be how bad the injury is and if it is permanent or just temporary.

As personal injury claims can be complex and dependent on the very specific factors, the best thing to do is to see a local solicitor who can discuss your case and whether you have a good enough claim. If they think you do, they can even try to potentially offer you a no win no fee agreement where you pay nothing to them unless you win.

https://www.legitclaims.co.uk/solicitor/search

Does this answer your query?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can simply reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’ and I won’t bother you again. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, not sure if you are having trouble seeing my posts? I have not heard back from you since posting my answer and just need to know if your query has been resolved. If you could please post a quick reply to confirm I would be very grateful. Thank you