Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I had an accident at work on 22.05 and it appeared that i

Customer Question

Hi i had an accident at work on 22.05 and it appeared that i have back problems
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Crawley West Sussex
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have reported IT to a menager and my doctor will contact me tomorrow morning
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

What would you like to ask about this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If i still got back problems which wont allow me to work what should i do.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

So does your employer want to you to return to work? and what are you ideally hoping for in the circumstances? also, how long have you worked for your employer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IT Has been agency work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I worked there for Month and a half
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wont be able to work if back problems will remain
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Leave it with me for now, although please note it is extremely busy at present due to the ongoing situation so there may be a delay in replying, but I will get back to you at some point today. Please do not reply in the meantime. Many thanks

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Many thanks for your patience. If you are unable to go to work because of an injury or any other medical issue, you have to remain off sick. This will entitle you to likely sick pay although you need to check your contract to see what you may get.

If the accident was as a result of the employer’s fault, then that could potentially give rise to a personal injury claim, although that would depend on what happened and who was at fault. For that it is best to see a personal injury solicitor who can determine if you have a valid claim:

https://www.legitclaims.co.uk/solicitor/search

Does this answer your query?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can simply reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’ and I won’t bother you again. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still have no idea what should i do
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

What are you ideally hoping to achieve in the circumstances, please?