How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 8014
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I have paid for private health insurance (for more than one

Customer Question

i have paid for private health insurance (for more than one year) i needed to see a consultant for a health concern in May 2020 and due to the pandemic there consultant services were not in operation (understandably). I requested a refund on my premiums as i am paying for a service i am not able to have and they refused. Vitality health. I have logged a complaint but im not hopeful. Worth taking to the ombudsman?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: london / uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: called them, emailed them. they offered me £50 compensation.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i think thats it
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 1 year ago.


Yes, you may escalate the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service. It is free, so you have nothing to lose but a lot to gain if they find in your favour.

All the best. Please click on 5 stars