How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3210
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

Hasass ive been trying to get a solicitor for my case but I

This answer was rated:

Hi im Mr hasass ive been trying to get a solicitor for my case but I dont seam to be able to get legal aid as i haven't been through domestic violence with my baby's mother i have court hearing on 14 August 2020 my baby s mother said she didn't want our baby and wrote a letter to confirm this but now she has changed her mind please can u advise me on wat to do for help.please
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: 14 August is my second hearing and ive tried so hard to get a solicitor but all of them are saying i need to have gone throu domestic violence but I haven't court have all my case papers and I have carcass involved to
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I'm in Birmingham uk my hearings are in family court Birmingham
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have lots of proof of the case if its needed to be sent

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today

Please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time.

You will also receive a request for a phone call. This is automatically generated by the website. I would be happy to facilitate a phone call with you however, do note that there will be a premium service charge should you accept this, you of course, do not have to click the phone call option.

Thank you

I have read your information, could you tell me what your question is specifically please. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need a repecentive in court as im not sure what I'm saying is right my English is not very good im afghan so i mainly speak pashto
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a good friend who is helping me but I understand that i need legal help

Apologies I cannot take a call just now but I will write up my respond and would be obliged if you could rate my advice afterwards...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanx i need to speak to a solicitor face to face

So you have a few options. Firstly, you can instruct a solicitor however, if you are not entailed to legal aid then you would have to pay them. If you cannot afford a solicitor then you can call round local citizens advice bureaux and see if any of them can help with representation. Again if this is not possible then look online as to what is called a MacKenzie Friend. These organisations provide legal help at no cost. They are not legally qualified but are very well versed in the legal process and are there to help people in your situation. Finally, if needed then you can represent yourself. The Judge will understand that you are not familiar with legal process and will make allowances for this. These are all options which are open to you and I would try them all before taking the decision to represent yourself.

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. I won’t be paid for my time from the website if there is no rating left for me.

Many Thanks


RJM Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you