NewExpertAS4920
NewExpertAS4920, Solicitor
Experience:  Experience in Litigation, Property, Family and Employment Law matters
108371865

I have a couple questions regarding marriages within the uk.

Hi, I have a couple questions regarding marriages within the uk.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: No I haven't yet talked to a lawyer about this. I am from the UK and my Questions are related to the UK.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I haven't taken any steps yet I just had some questions
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'd just like to know if a 16 year old can marry someone from abroad with parental consent.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi! I am Anu, a qualified solicitor in England and Wales. I will be assisting you with your query today. I may need to ask a few questions before I can address your query.
Please bear in mind this is a chat service and there maybe delays in responding due to assisting other customers.

hi are you there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sure

Would you like to discuss your query over the phone or message?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Message should be fine

The legal age to get married in the UK is 16 years old with the consent of the parents or legal guardians. However, a person cannot marry some relatives.

Does this answer your query? if not, please let me have your follow up questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it possible for a 16 year old to marry someone that lives abroad?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What would the process be to marry someone abroad if it’s possible
it is possible. Your marriage will be recognised in the UK provided you follow the correct process in the country where you get married and if it is allowed under UK law i.e. If your 16 there must be parental consent otherwise the married will be void.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what visa should be used to allow him to staying the uk with me?
The visa or permit you need depends on where your partner is from and whether he has previously visited the UK.
I suggest you raise a further question for immigration advice. Unfortunately I cannot advise any further on this point.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help
It has been my pleasure. Please kindly accept my answer. Best wishes