How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aaron D Your Own Question
Aaron D
Aaron D, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 572
Experience:  LLB, BPTC
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aaron D is online now

I've been an appearence in family Court tomorrow at last

Customer Question

I've been an appearence in family Court tomorrow at last than 24 hours notice giving me no time to employ a solicitor and have him study the case. Can I ask for a delay
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Wales
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None. We were only given notice today and we had a social services meeting that lasted 2 hours. It's regarding child custody. First hearing
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Aaron D replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thank you for your question. My name is***** am a barrister and will assist you with this issue today.

Please be aware that this is an e-mail service rather than a live chat. Sometimes there will be some delay between responses but I will try to reply as soon as possible.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you seen my original question
Expert:  Aaron D replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you are entitled to ask the court for an adjournment.

Just e-mail the court and make sure that you put the case number ***** to the subject heading and URGENT.

Explain the reasons within the e-mail.

If you don't hear back in time then go to the hearing/ make yourself available if it is by telephone. The judge should hear any reasonable request for an adjournment.

Meanwhile, you can find a local solicitor here:

I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

I will remain available for any follow-up questions.

Expert:  Aaron D replied 1 year ago.

Hello, can I check whether this answered your question for you and whether you required any clarification?