How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 80478
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I was drugged and rapped couple of months ago, I'm not sure

Customer Question

I was drugged and rapped couple of months ago
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I'm not sure how to get evidence, and haven't call the police
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: London
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The drug was offered by him, and it's my first time in my weakest condition, he took off my pants four times and finally turned me over and pushed me on to bed then intercoursed me. He let me think that was an affair, but later I realized that's drug and rape
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to know, if I call police now, is that still working, because it happened in a very private space. And if it doesn't work, will this man sue me for defamation
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry this happened to you.

What would you like to know about it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
because of it happened months ago, does it still helpful if I call the police
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's private, so really hard to get evidences and proof what I say
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if it's not working, is there any possibility that he sue me for defamation
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cause I want him be in prison and pay for what he did
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to make sure can I call the police after a period of time
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

Yes, you certainly can still call the police. People come forward years later so this will be no issue.

one of the issues with sexual offences is the absence of evidence. It is to do with the type of crime that it is. It isn't for you to worry about though. The police have the task of evidence gathering not you. All you can do is make your report and give them anything they seek.

As to the issue of defamation, the short answer is that it is a risk. It is not especially likely as it is expensive but we can't hide from the risk. if that does happen though you would have the defence of arguing that the allegation is true.

I doubt it would come to a defamation action. That does happen on occasions but really not commonly at all. I wouldn't let that deter you.

Can I clarify anything for you?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can I call the police in this man's area, because of he is bit dangerous so might do something like stab me if he just be free. And I doubt that there might be more than one victims, he would do such thing to a familiar person
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
should I contact those victims?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how long time dose this procedure usually take?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it possible that the accused of sex crimes will eventually fail?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No, just go into your local station.

You shouldn't have to contact other women. Apart from anything else you dont know who they are.

That is for the police.

I'm afraid that it is very slow sometimes. There is no way around that sadly.

Yes, it is possible that the prosecution/investigation would fail. That isn't really a reason not to complain though.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dose anything should i prepared before I call the police?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Not really

Honestly, all you need to do is tell the truth.

The police will do everything else.