How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 5117
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

I would like my landlord to deal with noisy neighbours whta

This answer was rated:

I would like my landlord to deal with noisy neighbours whta can I do to pressure them to take action?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I have made a complaint and have been told to record the noise they make. So I have taken recordings using the noise app they reccomended.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really

hello i will assist today.

You have already started the correct action by recording and noting times etc of the disturbance.

It would be well recommended to do this for several weeks to show that it is on going.

Then present the information to your landlord. (ensure you keep a copy of everything yourself)

Once presented to the landlord you would need to give him time to review what you have supplied.

If after this, the noise continues and if the landlord has not acted, then you should report the matter to the local council. They may be able to take action.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi James,
Thank you for the information. I have reported it to the local council. Sorry I wasn't clear but my landlord is Metropolitan the housing association. Would you recommend I continue to record and note the times for several weeks and when I present it to them, how long would be reasonable for them to react and what actions are they required to take? I have had to get a solicitor to help with getting some repairs in the past as they are very slow to respond so I would like to know when it would be smart to get a solicitor to help speed things up.

I would recommend recording for a month that would be a good period of time.

How long to wait then. That is difficult to answer with covid19.
Many departments in companies and councils are working reduced staff and hours. I would recommend two weeks for a reply then maybe 4 weeks for them to investigate an get back to you.

james bruce and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That has been very helpful. Thank you, James.