31090051

I am making a packaging for something I’m selling and I’m

I am making a packaging for something I’m selling and I’m worried it will infringe another persons work.
JA: What written documentation do you have?
Customer: None.
JA: Have you talked to a local attorney? Has anything been filed in court?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (5246656)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The face will fill the box and I am worried it will infringe on Numatic’s (Henry hoover) trademark. It won’t have their brand name on it just that smiley face.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, my email is***@******.*** .

Thanks for your question. I am an intellectual property solicitor in the UK and can help you with your question today. Your design would infringe trademark number https://trademarks.ipo.gov.uk/ipo-tmcase/page/Results/1/UK00002535016 amongst others. I hope that helps to answer your question. Please leave a positive rating on the star rating system which is usually at the top of your screen. That will allow JustAnswer to credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much, if I modified the smile slightly perhaps it winks and a different style of smile would this change anything?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also the colour of the box would be orange to reduce the similarity.

If you look at their many trademarks they have just about every permutation of smiles and eyes. You would have to be very careful. The box colour isn’t relevant. They can’t trademark a colour. However as regards ***** ***** you’ll need to invent something of your own that is unique. I hope that helps to answer your question. Please leave a positive rating on the star rating system which is usually at the top of your screen. That will allow JustAnswer to credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I find their list of trademarks, could you send me a link?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As the link you sent me only shows the one smile.

https://trademarks.ipo.gov.uk/ipo-tmowner/page/Results?Postcode=&Name=Numatic I hope that helps to answer your question. Please leave a positive rating on the star rating system which is usually at the top of your screen. That will allow JustAnswer to credit me for helping you today.