james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Daughter Charlotte was due to be married in Italy may31

Customer Question

Daughter Charlotte was due to be married in Italy may31 wedding is not. Package was arranged direct by Charlotte.obviously couldn't go ahead Coronovirus and travel restrictions. 2 payments have been made totalling 4500 euros 3000 of that sum to cover catering costs. Charlotte has been in contact with owners of villa which had been booked. She said they would like to book the same date in 2021, the response was ,not possible the Villa is being sold in July, so no possibility to hold wedding beforet
JA: Where is the daughter? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Here in England
JA: What steps has the daughter taken so far?
Customer: Last contact was the phone call mentioned in Msge above. She has Wedding insurance, not certain whether she has contacted the company yet
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: How do we proceed with this situation And am I going to be charged a fee for this consultation
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Help on how to proceed please
Expert:  james bruce replied 1 year ago.

Hello I will assist today.

firstly, how was the payment made.?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
by bank transfer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
made by bank transfer

As booking sounds like a self booked package rather than an ABTA booking.

and unfortunately not paid with a credit card, the only hope you would have for refund would be via the insurance.