How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask F E Smith Your Own Question
F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 18744
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
Type Your Law Question Here...
F E Smith is online now

My husband was initially with you about divorce, and they

Customer Question

My husband was initially with you about divorce, and they said they couldn't help me because of a conflict of interest. He now says he getting someone else would they take me on now.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No. It's just me and him,he keeps changing his mind, I have to do something
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Wales
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think he has had some kind of breakdown,he is 62yrs old I'm 72 he had to finish work because of his illness. He then started ranting that he wanted a divorce sell the house and he had people out to get him housing,but then he changed his mind,its up and down all the time. I've got a social worker and they are helping me to get somewhere to live but it will take a while. He took all the money out of the joint account and put it all in his name,so I had to apply for pension credit,I am registered disable as well we live seperate lives he's downstairs and I am upstairs
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I will assist with your question - be aware this is an email not chat service.

I do not know about the first instance - but i can assist with yours

do you know wish to start divorce proceedings?

is the property mortgaged? in who's name if so?

why are you looking to leave and not him?

you are vulnerable and registered disabled - would you want to get him to leave house?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The house is in joint names still owe £40 000 he is trying to get a extension, I have just been diagnosed(april 13)with pulmonary embolism and my husbands carer was tested positive 3days later,the doctors,I haven't been diagnosed with covid because at the time if you wasn't admitted you couldn't have a swab test but the doctors are under the impression that I have had it. I just can't cope with the stress anymore and am scared for my well being.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm on pension credit and cannot afford £40 odd for a call
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not very phone savvy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She tested positive for covaid19
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

The offer of a telephone call comes out automatically. It’s optional. You can just ignore it or request it later.

We can continue on here.

What exactly is it that you want to know about this? You haven’t actually asked a question. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't had a reply
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

I did reply to you on 5 June at 11:53 AM.

However you haven’t asked the question so I don’t know what it is that you want to know about this.