How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4680
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

How do i get access to see my daughter when the mum wont let

This answer was rated:

how do i get access to see my daughter when the mum wont let me and she wouldnt put me on the birth certifcate? and shes moved and changed numbers?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: no
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: poole
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: ive tryed to talk to her in the past but she wont let me have anything to do with her when she was first born i was having her over night and at the weekends then she turned funny

Hi, I'm Lea and I have reviewed your query.

How old is the child? How frequently were you having her?

When did the mother move, and why?

Have you any contact details for her at all?

Please bear in mind this is an email service and not a live chat so responses may not be instantaneous. I am not available for calls, but in all cases it is very likely you can be helped online.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi lea she is 5 and I was having her every weekend Friday afternoon to Sunday lunch time we were never together and when I met the woman I'm with now she changed totally and she was living in Christchurch Dorset and has moved to Ringwood Dorset I found out from a friend though Facebook but she's blocked me my mum's and sisters number and blocked us all on FB

Do you have an address for her? Or the address for her mother or father?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No no address she's moved and I'm and I'm her father

I meant your child's mother's parents - the grandparents.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't know her dad's name or her mum's name I know her mum died she's called Kim wigmore and her sister is called Kelly wigmore

In order to resume contact with your child you are obviously going to have to locate an address - either where the child lives, or where you know the mother has regular contact with the occupant, so that you can use that address for service of your application for a child arrangements order.

You can also inform the court on your application form that you have no idea where the child is, except for a general location, and it is possible that the court can track the mother down via the DWP, or other sources.

To apply for a child arrangements order you would normally have to attend a MIAM - so you will need to speak to a mediator and get your form signed off by them. Obviously they will not be able to contact the mother, so this is more an exercise in meeting the legal requirements to make your application.

Then you need to complete the form C100 and send it off to your local family court - it would normally be the family court local to where the child lives, but as you do not know that information it will have to be your local court. The court will list the matter for a hearing - contact the mother by their methods if needs be - and then CAFCASS, social workers, will contact both parties to find out what happened, undertake background checks and then file a safeguarding letter to court recommending what the court should do next.

You will both be invited to the first hearing and the court will take the matter forward from there.

Can I clarify anything, or link you to the relevant form, or a place to find a qualified mediator?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thankyou for your help how much would the cost be?

The cost for the C100 would be £215, unless you are on a low income or benefits, in which case you might be entitled to fee remission and should complete form EX160 at the same time as the C100 and send them to court together.

A MIAM can vary in costs, average is around £65, but a lot of mediators do them far cheaper, shop around.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
who do I contact?

You can find mediators here:

And the application form is here:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if I know her work address would that help?

Yes because it would save the court time trying to find her, or even an email address would help.

I'd appreciate if you could take a moment to rate positively as that is how I am paid for assisting you today - thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You've been amazing

You're very welcome.

I hope you manage to get to see your daughter again very soon.

All the best.

SASH_Law and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you