Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I purchased a knife sharpener from Jean Patrique on the 20th

Good morning Pearl,
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I purchased a knife sharpener from Jean Patrique on the 20th April. Their website stated that one should allow 3 to 5 working days for delivery. However, after a week when I enquired about the delay, they responded saying that because of covid 19 there had been delays, which was understandable. It is now 6 weeks down the line and I cannot get any definitive answers to the whereabouts of this package. I have all the correspondence via e-mail. Is there any way you can help me? I live in Bournemouth and they are in Vauxhall London.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have just been repeatedly asking them when I can expect delivery. They said and I quote " The item has been delivered, but if you haven't received it do you want to replace the order" To which I replied " When was it dispatched. I would like to have the order replaced but do not want to wait another 4 weeks. They then said the order was being replaced and they would keep me informed. I heard nothing! I then discovered that the item was sold out, so I wrote to them again and said that since the item was sold out i wanted it cancelled and the money refunded. They came back to me saying the the item had been dispatched so could not refund the money but I could return the item. I again asked for the date of dispatch and the address (just in case they got it wrong) but I have not had a reply - that was on Tuesday
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Have they provided you with any delivery information such as which courier they used, any tracking information or signature?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No they are very vague with all replies

Thank you. Leave it with me for now, although please note it is extremely busy at present due to the ongoing situation so there may be a delay in replying, but I will get back to you at some point today. Please do not reply in the meantime. Many thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please cancel the call request
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot afford 44 pounds

Many thanks for your patience. You only have two options here – cancel the whole purchase and get a refund, or wait for a replacement, which is not guaranteed to come within a specific period of time.

If you are not willing to wait for further potential delays, you will be best advised to contact them and cancel the order on the basis that you have not yet received the item and are exercising your rights under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 which allow you to cancel at any time before delivery, or within 14 days after delivery.

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay I will try that. Thank you for your assistance

All the best