JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

Paypal dispute went in favour of a scammer when i have all

Customer Question

paypal dispute went in favour of a scammer when i have all of the proof that he scammed me]
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: lutterworth
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: tried to get it rectified through paypal
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i have videos and photos
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Jim, a dual-qualified lawyer (UK & Republic of Ireland) and happy to help you today.
Do you know the scammer's name and address?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i know his name and email and i know his depop account
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 1 year ago.

OK, to sue him you would need his address too - you can use a tracing agency to find that, such as https://www.candlinvestigations.co.uk or https://www.blackhawkintelligence.com/investigative-services/asset-tracing.

Once you know the address you can sue for your money back via the money claims website (http://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk). This is the best way to get your money back - but you could also report this to the Police on the 101 number to see if they can do something due to the fraud.

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything else you would like to know?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this was through paypal and paypals servers is why i couldnt reply in time. and he also agreeed to scamming me on paypal messanger and other platforms
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
paypal says they can not open the case after it is closed. but it was paypals fault that it was cloased in the first place
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hopefully the complaint would resolve this - if not then you have the option of suing the scammer.

I hope this helps?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have made a complaint to paypal a few times in the past over the phone and told them to file it under my account and everytime i called back they had no record of any of them
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 1 year ago.

OK, you would send them a letter before action, see attached - PayPal would respond to that as if they don't and you issue a claim, they have to instruct solicitors to deal with the claim

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 1 year ago.

I hope this helps? If you can reply “yes”, or when you have the chance would you mind giving me a positive rating for the answer (the site will then credit me for my time). There should be a rating system at the top of the screen. Any other queries please let me know.

Many thanks,

Jim

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi sorry for not replying sooner. this has been a big help. thankyou for looking into this for me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is much appreciated