Aaron D
Aaron D, Barrister
Experience:  LLB, BPTC
108775951

I booked a holiday in I dia starting on 12th March.

I booked a holiday in I dia starting on 12th March. Unfortunately because of coronavirus the Ind
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: Sorry I had not finished. I booked to go to India and the government cancelled all visas because of the virus. SagaTravel who I booked with keep on saying they have to look into the claim but I cannot see the problem as it was impossible to travel because of the visa. I have sent Sag all the relevant documents which they acknowledge but still say they will look into it. I have raised a complaint a week ago and my complaint number is(###) ###-####while the insurance claim ref. is: 246551
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have on numerous occasions asked what the problem is and they say they are looking into it. Then 10 days ago they said they required confirmation from the travel agent that I actually cancelled the holiday and also the travel agents terms. I sent them all this .
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you as the only reason the holiday was cancelled was the cancellation of our visas.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The original answer is not clear. I booked the holiday in India starting 12 March . Unfortunately the Indian Government cancelled all visas because of coronavirus so we could not travel. Saga Travel have to this date not accepted my claim. I have told them that in the circumstances I am making a formal complaint and the complaint number is(###) ###-#### The travel insurance claim is 246551.

Hello, thank you for your question. My name is***** am a barrister and will assist you with this issue today.

Please be aware that this is an e-mail service rather than a live chat. Sometimes there will be some delay between responses but I will try to reply as soon as possible.

Did you cancel the holiday or did the travel agent cancel it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The travel agent is a friend who lives in India and he wrote and told me about the cancellation of my visa which I looked up and sent the directive with my claim to saga. I did write and tell him that I was so sad that it was necessary to cancel the holiday especially as I am 82 and this was to be my last trip to India which I love

Hello, I've just tried to call but I couldn't hear anything your end. Do you still want to talk on the telephone?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please ring me again I am now in a good reception area

As discussed, here is the link to issue a small claim if the need arises: https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim.