SS Legal Advisor
SS Legal Advisor, Advocate
Experience:  Senior Caseworker at DL Solicitors
107664070

My mom is not well at the moment and is in rest bite. She

Customer Question

Hello my name is Sheree ******** my mom is not well at the moment and is in rest bite . She roams roams the street and JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location. Customer: Swadlincote de11 8 hs JA: What steps have you taken so far? Customer: None it’s just my brother has cancer my other brother lives in Sweden how do I take charge of her affairs . JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you? Customer: No I think that’s all Thankyou

Expert:  SS Legal Advisor replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,As it seems your mother has lost mental capacity, we will be too late to apply for a power of attorney. Your mother is currently unwell and in rest bite so therefore you will need to apply to become a deputy. Acting as a debuty will allow you take charge of her affairs, ie important decisions, bank accounts, property etc. In order to do this you will need to apply to complete and fill in the various COP forms and also pay a fee of £365. Further detailed guidance can be found here;https://www.gov.uk/become-deputy/apply-deputyI hope this helps and please do leave positive feedback. If I can assist with anything else, please do let me know.Kind regards,