How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SS Legal Advisor Your Own Question
SS Legal Advisor
SS Legal Advisor, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1053
Experience:  Senior Caseworker at DL Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
SS Legal Advisor is online now

My mom is not well at the moment and is in rest bite. She

Customer Question

Hello my name is Sheree ******** my mom is not well at the moment and is in rest bite . She roams roams the street and JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location. Customer: Swadlincote de11 8 hs JA: What steps have you taken so far? Customer: None it’s just my brother has cancer my other brother lives in Sweden how do I take charge of her affairs . JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you? Customer: No I think that’s all Thankyou

Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  SS Legal Advisor replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,As it seems your mother has lost mental capacity, we will be too late to apply for a power of attorney. Your mother is currently unwell and in rest bite so therefore you will need to apply to become a deputy. Acting as a debuty will allow you take charge of her affairs, ie important decisions, bank accounts, property etc. In order to do this you will need to apply to complete and fill in the various COP forms and also pay a fee of £365. Further detailed guidance can be found here; hope this helps and please do leave positive feedback. If I can assist with anything else, please do let me know.Kind regards,