james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I was discalified, I recieved a 24 month ban from driving

I was discalified
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I recieved a 24 month ban from driving drink related . Oftered a course to reduce the term by 25 percent which I did . Applied for license to DVLA over 7 weeks ago but have heard nothing back . Tried phoning and went on line to check driving details ban finishes on 6/6/2020
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: can I legally drive a motor car with out my driving license in my hand
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know these are strange time we live in I am watertreatment egineer and have worked on many systems recently in hospitals like guys and st Thomas . Also many of the new field hospital in wales and the south of England it would benefit my employer to get me back on the road rather than expecting other people to get me to sites

Hello i am a criminal law solicitor I will assist you.

Currently DVLA have been working reduced hours and reduced staff, many applications have been delayed because of this and covid19.

Very important, DONOT drive until you have received your licence. As frustrating as that maybe , until it has been returned to you, you are classified as having no licence and if stopped by police could be charged for that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help as not knowing all the answers could have got me in to more trouble just if they could have let me know if they had even received the application may have helped

Your very welcome.

it is an issue that does catch people out. Once the ban has ended they think they can start driving again. But until they have received their licence back, they would be driving otherwise in accordance with a licence, and could end up back in court.

Good luck.

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. Although you have already paid, I won’t be paid by Justanswer for my time if there is no rating left for me.