How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 39632
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am currently on furlough but cannot return to my place of

Customer Question

Hi I am currently on furlough but cannot return to my place of work through an injury. It happened before lock down, I aggravated my knee muscles through walking on a metal floor surface (at work). It is much better now, but if I just go back then it will all start again. Any advice.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in Dewsbury Westyorkshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have been seeing a physiotherapist & doing exercises at home
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes I never wrote it in the accident report book & was told because I reported to a physio I cannot make a claim but I have had the problem 'mild' on & off for over 1 year.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

How long have you worked there for? What do you specifically want to know about this, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to know if I can still make a claim if it is not in accident report book
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Did you post a question about this earlier today?