Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I would to know that if a company will decide to put at risk

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I would to know that if a company will decide to put at risk of jobs around 32 people by length of contract (in this case people with contracts less than a year) and during the consultation process one of the employees will arrive at 1 year of service (like her contract started on 12 July and the redundancy process to decided by length of contract from 0 to 11 months people will finish at 31 July) can be took out from the list as she did 1 tear of service with the company?
JA: Has she discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Not tet
JA: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: i am their representative and the company has lots of coffee shops...the employees are under permanent contract
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Is this in England?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No prefer by msg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the attachment

Thank you. Technically, the employer should no longer consider them but you have to appreciate that employees have no unfair dismissal protection in the first 2 years of employment anyway so whether they are still included and dismissed will not give them any rights to claim. So this is more of a discussion topic rather than a legal requirement as their legal rights remain unchanged.

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you

You are most welcome

All the best