How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 19525
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I'm trying to get a refund from OPODO online ticket resaler.

This answer was rated:

Hi Pearl, I'm trying to get a refund from OPODO online ticket resaler. My bank Nationwide refused to refund as they said they can not dispute the transaction through the third party. Is this right statement from the bank?
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: I bought a flight tickets for Wizzair airlines from Belgrade to London for me and my 2 children.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I sent email to OPODO asking for a refund but they canceled customer support. They did not offer a refund or voucher they asked to contact airlines. When I contact Wizzair they said I need to contact OPODO. So after a month trying to get some refund from OPODO and WIzzair, a decision to contact my bank. I provide all evidence to bank but after two weeks they sent a letter that they can not dispute if I bought a ticket trought third party.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not for now

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Just to be clear, you paid by debit card and not credit card?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid by debit car

Ok - then your bank is not liable.

Only if you had paid on CREDIT CARD would they be liable under S.75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974

But as to the retailer you paid you can get a refund:

You need to write a letter, set out your losses and request a refund within 30 days or say you will go to Court. This is called a pre-action protocol letter of claim. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy. You must give 30 days warning before going to Court.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate.

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you