Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I paid for items advertised on face book from a company

I paid for items advertised on face book from a company after payment they have removed the conversations we had on Facebook and not answering my calls
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK Bedford
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I am still calling the company but they not answering I don’t know what to do
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i just need refund if they are unable to deliver

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Is it a UK company?

Hello, I am not sure if you saw my query above:

Is it a UK company?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But no address I cannot locate them

Thank you. How did you pay for them?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I transferred to their bank account
They gave me their details

Thank you. Due to the way the transaction was conducted, simply via an unknown seller on Facebook, and with a payment via bank transfer, your rights are somewhat limited. You could have made a claim through the Small Claims Court but you need an address for them which you don’t have. Your only option now is to report them to the fraud authorities to see if they can potentially locate them and take this further.

If you wish to report this, all scams can be reported to Action Fraud on 0300(###) ###-####or by visiting http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report_fraud.

Does this answer your query?

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can simply reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’ and I won’t bother you again. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
answered original question thank you

All the best

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Welcome