How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aaron D Your Own Question
Aaron D
Aaron D, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 572
Experience:  LLB, BPTC
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aaron D is online now

I am wanting to report some abuse but I was wondering if

Customer Question

I am wanting to report some sexual abuse but I was wondering if it's worth telling the police until I can get a confession from the people cause I have no evidence at this point it will b my word against theres so me and a friend of mine plandd on recording their confession after we speak to the abusers
JA: Have sexual abuse charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: No not yet
JA: Where did the sexual abuse occur?
Customer: When I was 5 till I was 8 and i am now 22 and again half way through last year I can get the date of the accurance
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: There were 2 people involved
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Aaron D replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thank you for your question. My name is***** am a barrister and will assist you with this issue today.

Please be aware that this is an e-mail service rather than a live chat. Sometimes there will be some delay between responses but I will try to reply as soon as possible.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did that just cost me 44 quid?
Expert:  Aaron D replied 1 year ago.

I would always say go to the Police first.

A lot of these cases are word on word and can still result in convictions.

If you go about conducting your own investigations you will likely ruin any case. Unless a confession is obtained in the right circumstances it would be inadmissible in court and it will look bad on you if the matter ever got to court.

Speak with the Police, they will take a statement/ investigate and then if they think it is appropriate they will interview him properly under caution and record it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please cancel that phone call at 44 quid I can't afford
Expert:  Aaron D replied 1 year ago.

Not yet - I clicked decline as I was half-way through answering your query on here.

I can speak if you wish to pay £44 but I've already given you the answer above.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Aw sorry
Expert:  Aaron D replied 1 year ago.

Don't worry, you won't be charged for that. Once we've finished on here I'll send a message to customer services to close down the phone request and make sure you aren't charged.

Expert:  Aaron D replied 1 year ago.

Doest the above answer your question for you?

Expert:  Aaron D replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I just wanted to check whether this answered your question or whether you required some clarification?

You'll need to accept my answer by giving a positive rating to the answer I gave you then I can refer this to Customer Services to get the call request shut down/ refunded if anything has been charged.