How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask F E Smith Your Own Question
F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 18744
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
Type Your Law Question Here...
F E Smith is online now

I have an uncontested divorce started and almost completed

This answer was rated:

Hello, I have an uncontested divorce started and almost completed in the Bury St. Edmunds court, and I am looking for a way to expedite its processing. Is there any possible way I can accomplish this?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: no I have purchased the services of which has prepared and submitted most of the documents thus far however they are not lawyers. I live in Fordham (CB7) GB, however my ex resides in germany
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: we have applied for decree nisi
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: rather we have submitted D84 and D80B and AOS. and applied for green dot for the D84 and D80B

Good afternoon. I will assist with your question - be aware this is an email not chat service.

what do you mean expedite its processing - why?

and can you tell me how long you were together and married in total?

any children under 18?

and property?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no children, no property, everything is uncontested. We were together from 2010 and married in 2013. I am being told by (my divorce coach) that the Burry St. Edmunds Court is the delay stating; "the Decree Nisi applications are taking 24 weeks – hopefully they will process your in a shorter time frame." and that there is nothing more they can do. This uncontested divorce has already been in the process for over 1 year and I would personally like it to be over as soon as possible. If there is something I can pay you for to have it concluded swiftly I would be interested in it. Most everything is competed, settled, agreed upon, and signed I just need the documents moved through the courthouse. Can you help with that?

If the application for the decree nisi has already been submitted, you are purely at the Liberty of the courts.

The times have become protracted although there is no reason why a divorce should have been not completed within six months particularly if it’s not contested. What you don’t know of course, because you have not been in control of it, is how quickly this organisation was submitting documentation.

There is no reason why you cannot ring the court and refer to your case number ***** ask them to confirm the timescale. I hardly think it’s going to take six months for this final bit.

A word of warning: the courts are not well-known for picking up the telephone to don’t be at all surprised if the phone rings out for half-an-hour or even longer. You could try writing a letter but you not going to get a result within a couple of weeks. There is no formal way of speeding up the process. What I can tell you, from experience, that if you start to complain, the process will take longer! You may get further with a kind word than a gun and a plea for help to speed up the process.

I’m sorry, I wish I could give you a more favourable answer.

Can I clarify anything else for you?

I am happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

Please take a moment to look at the top right-hand corner of the page and rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen.

You may need to login again to use the rating service. Although it says "rate to finish" it doesn't close the thread and we can still exchange emails.

It's important that you use the rating service because that gives me credit.

It doesn't just give me a pat on the head! It's what gets me paid!!

There is also an experts incentive scheme whereby the more 5 star ratings I get I do actually get a pat on the head!

All you need to do is press Submit.

Thank you.

If you still need any points clarifying, I will still reply because the thread does not close.

Best wishes.


F E Smith and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you