How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Helen Hill Your Own Question
Helen Hill
Helen Hill, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 534
Experience:  LLB Law, Licensed Conveyancer and Probate Practitioner, Fellow of CILEx, Trust and Estates Practitioner (STEP)
Type Your Law Question Here...
Helen Hill is online now

I could really do with speaking to someone regarding a

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I could really do with speaking to someone regarding a defrauding of information on Will which has led to charges against the property in the will of which I am the other trustee and Executor with 70% of the property left to myself and other family members.
JA: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: a Grant Probate was done and I have the copy which was sent to the High Court with both my name and the other Trustees named.
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: but it came to my attention a couple of weeks ago that the other Trustees went into a Law Firm and conveniently hid the Mirrored m Will from the lawyer and the lawyer removed restrictions off the Land Registry.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I contacted the Police and I have a crime number. Upon further investigation the Property is to be Repossessed on the 25 June although we found that it should have been March but because of the lock down the Government said no Repossessions to be carried out.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Helen Hill replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I am a wills and probate lawyer so will be able to assist.

If the other executor and trustee has incorrectly distributed property (by allowing restrictions to be removed incorrectly) then they are personally liable for any loss caused to the estate by their actions. My advice would be to contact the firm who have removed the restrictions and provide a copy of the Will and ask them if they have perhaps had sight of a later Will or otherwise ask them to explain why the restrictions have been removed. I would also seek assistance from a contentious probate lawyer in contacting the other executor and advise them not to dispose of the property (or proceeds of sale if it is repossessed) unless it is done in accordance with the terms of the Will.

I hope this is useful. Do you have any further questions I can assist with?

Expert:  Helen Hill replied 1 year ago.

I notice you have not yet reviewed my response. Could you kindly let me know if any further assistance is required or accept my answer so that the thread can be closed.