Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

Ben, finally had my confirmation of redundancy, I've only

Hi Ben,
finally had my confirmation of redundancy, I've only taken 2 days holiday and been on furlough for 4 weeks this coming Tuesday.
They are saying that we wont be Entitled to any holiday pay I have 24 days yearly entitlement and my final notice day is 30/09 is that right?

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Hi there. Please can you tell me how long you have worked there for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3 Years 7 months Thanks

Thank you. Leave it with me for now, although please note it is extremely busy at present due to the ongoing situation so there may be a delay in replying, but I will get back to you at some point today. Please do not reply in the meantime. Many thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no worries thanks

Many thanks for your patience. The employer is not correct. You have the right to get any holidays you have accrued up to your termination date, including the period of furlough as you continue to accrue holidays over that period. Unless you have taken all of your holidays, or the employer has forced you to take them with prior notice, you will be eligible for payment for any outstanding holidays. The only issue here is that your notice ends on 30 Sept and there is plenty of time for them to make you take your holidays before that, as long as they give you the required notice (twice as long as the holidays they want you to take, e.g. 10 days notice for you to take 5 days of holidays).

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does this email change the outcome?

No, in a sense that I covered it under the last sentence where the employer can ask you to take your holidays before your employment terminates

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can simply reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’ and I won’t bother you again. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks Ben

You are most welcome