How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 39822
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I need some advice regarding a small business I'm starting

Customer Question

Hi there. I need some advice regarding a small business I'm starting and some paperwork around it. Does this website deal with this element of legal advice? Thank you
JA: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Jim, a dual-qualified lawyer (UK & Republic of Ireland) and happy to help you today.

If you could please summarise the question, thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
H there,
I am starting a new e-commerce business where I will be buying vegan beauty products from cruelty-free business only. I need legal advice on how to protect my business in the event that I buy and sell products form a company claiming to be cruelty-free, when in fact in turns out they are not cruelty-free (or if it turns out their products aren't vegan) - I would not want to be liable in that situation. I assume I need an agreement drawn up for me to ask my potential suppliers to sign confirming that they are 100% cruelty-free (there are several different elements they'd have to abide by to be totally cruelty-free) and confirming that the products I'm buying are vegan. I assume I would also need a disclaimer clause on the website. I am hoping that these two things (or anything else I would need) would cover me and my business, but I need help getting these drawn up.
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** is for questions and answers - however there are some self employed solicitors on this site who could help you with any drafting as part of the premium service offer.

I will therefore opt out to let another expert assist you with your question going forwards. Please do not reply to this message as the question will stay with me and there will be a delay with the reallocation.

Many thanks.