How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2810
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

From Milton Keynes, UK. Having Tier2 ICT visa upto Year

This answer was rated:

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: This is Muthu from Milton Keynes, UK. Having Tier2 ICT visa upto Year 2023.
I have been living in the UK along with my family since May-2018.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: i am currently living in UK, and having Indian citizenship
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: this query is not about the Visa. I am already holding Tier2 ICT visa up to year 2023.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i would like to understand and get to know that my daughter will be getting into University in the year 2022. Are we consider as Home student?

Welcome to JA. I’m Vineet, a UK qualified & practicing Solicitor and I will be dealing with your case today.

Could you please confirm the current leave of your daughter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Vineet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My query is regarding UK Home Student eligibility under Tier2 ICT visa

Your daughter would be considered as a home student only if she has a settled status/permanent leave to reamin in the UK, means that there is no immigration restriction on the length of her stay

To be eligible as a home student,there are following requirements

  • You must be settled in the UK on the first day of the first academic year of the course.
  • You must also be ordinarily resident in the UK for the full three years before the 'first day of the first academic year of the course'
  • The main purpose of your residence in the UK and islands must not have been to receive full-time education during any part of the three year period.

If that answers your question, Kindly remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of your screen before you leave JA today,

Thank you and all the best.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i understand, but she has completed GCSE and will be completing A level in 2022 and getting into University and also the length of stay will be around 4 years when she get into University and also i am paying Income tax to the government, so don't we fall under home student?

No, as I have explained above , the immigration status of your daughter would decide if she would be considered as a home student or not.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. Got it. Is there a way to convert my Tier2 ICT to other type of Visa's so that my daughter shall continue to be here in UK to study and we can get ILR? please

Tier 2 intra-company transfer, unfortunately, does not lead to a permanent settlement, if you can secure another employment here and get Tier2 visa that can lead to ILR here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I have gone through the website, it seems Tier2 ICT Visa can be switched to Global Talent
May I know the details of this Visa please.

For that applicants have to be of extra-ordinary talent that is world-renowned

  • as a leader (exceptional talent)
  • as an emerging leader (exceptional promise)
  • under the UK Research and Innovation endorsed funder option

Does that answer your query?

If that answers your question, May I politely remind you to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of your screen before you leave JA today.

Thank you and all the best.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That answer my question. The last question for today from me is: I have mover 20+ years of experience and if i eligible to apply and through how many years the Visa would be granted and after that am I eligible to apply ILR?.
If answer is Yes, then my daughter will be consider as a home student? please.

You would have to be on Tier 2 visa for 5 years to be eligible for ILR

No, for global talent visa, 20 yrs experience unfortunately does not qualify for this visa,

So, the only viable option is to get a job, switch to a Tier2 visa, after 5 yrs apply for ILR.

Please don`t forget to rate the answer before you leave JA today, so that I could get credited for my time

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sure. Thanks

Thank you and all the best.

Vineet S and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you