Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

I reported 3 weeks ago today to my bank and action fraud of

Customer Question

I reported 3 weeks ago today to my bank and action fraud of realising I'd need scammed out of what I thought was buying a vehicle for through eBay. I made an international swift bank transfer! My bank has just told me they are still waiting for response from international bank I paid into! Since been informed that my bank won't refund me under the unauthorized push payment for victims as it was international payment! Have I any hope whatsoever of getting my money back?
JA: Oh, dear. I'm sure the Fraud Examiner can help you. Is there anything else the Fraud Examiner should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I am aware. I'm literally in the hands of my bank. I've a case reference number. NFRC200503648142
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Jim, a dual-qualified lawyer (UK & Republic of Ireland) and happy to help you today.

Do you know who the scammer is? name/address, etc and also how much did you send?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
163;4,000. No I don't know who . Was tricked via eBay were I saw the advert. Was drawn into this person's email address, and away from eBay secure website. Cannot take in what I've done, but more so with my own banks response
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't want phone call
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't pay £44 for a phone call. Stop now please
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** like you clicked the call request button - apologies I can’t take a call at the moment but other experts are free to contact you. If no one calls you then you will not be charged for it - an "authorisation" has been made for payment, that's all. However, the call request is open to all experts - if you want to cancel the call then please go to this link: https://www.justanswer.com/help/contact-us

I can continue with the question online if that suits?

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 1 year ago.

They can be traced - then you can sue via a European Small Claim, assuming they are in an EU country. it's only 25 euro to start the claim but you would need to know their name and address, hence the need for a tracing agency

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cancel all this please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cancel this immediately. £50 you have just taken from me
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 1 year ago.

OK, as you wish - I will ask customer services to cancel for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My £44?????
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tracing agency as far as I am concerned is the police who I reported it to as eBay won't give me person or persons information, email address ect
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find continuing a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please continue to search.