Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I Just got legal notice from neighbour regarding flooding

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I Just got legal notice from neighbour regarding flooding caused by us to his property When we did roofing work last year And guttering was not proper
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We have got a plumber to fix it but nothing otherwise We got the notice yesterday I read it today And we have 20 days to reply We really don’t know if the damage was caused by our work And we are bit worried with the language in the notice
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Roofer that worked is not contactable and we don’t know how to react

Hi thank you for your message, in the letter did they supply any pictures or other evidence of the supposed damage caused?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pictures of Common gutter pipe are sent with a survey of the building surveyed are sent but nothing of the damage of their insider of the property are there

Hi thank you for your message, well in essence I think you need to write back and state that the letter does not provide sufficient information to determine the nature of any request made. In essence, there is a generalised allegation of possible damage to the property without setting out with any specifics of how and when the damage was supposed to be caused by you. Furthermore, you would expect to see expert reports linking the damage to you in order to assess the merit in any claim which has not been given. As such you are unable to properly assess what has been said or respond accordingly. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you call us we need legal reply written

Hi thank you for your message, unfortunately I cannot call was there something in particular you wanted to clarify?

I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.