How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4687
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

Can I take out an injuction against my partner if she has

This answer was rated:

Can I take out an injuction against my partner if she has taken an injunction on me - it is a non molestation order currently

Hi, I'm Lea and I have reviewed your query.

when was the NMO against you made?

Please bear in mind this is an email service and not a live chat so responses may not be instantaneous. I am not available for calls, but in all cases it is very likely you can be helped online.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This year March 11th
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to keep conversation in chat

You have opened multiple questions and I note that you are being assisted by another expert. If you want a second opinion when he has finished assisting you, feel free to come back to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he hasn’t replied for ages that is why I am now consulting another expert

Okay, no problem.

Have you had the follow on hearing since it was granted?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They said hearing will be next year they have accepted my ex’s nmo, I refused to challenge it because I was previously going through another court case which is settled now. I couldn’t fight two at once

So on what basis do you want an NMO against her if you accepted the one against you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the basis that I am being stalked online by her, I have been physically abused by her during our relationship with evidence and she keep contacting my friends about me which I’m sure is against the nmo anyway

The NMO prevents you from doing something, not her.

You really ought to have defended it at the time, though it is understandable that you did not feel able to. However, it will be a complete uphill struggle for you to obtain an order against her now, or have the one she has against you withdrawn. But that doesn't mean you cannot make an application if you so choose.

To make an application for an NMO, you will need to complete form FL401, there is no fee for this application to be made to the court.

To apply to discharge or vary the NMO against you, you need form FL403 - there may be a fee for this and you will need to ask the court you file at what it is. You need to file at the court that issued the order against you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you for your help

You're very welcome.

Do you need links to the forms?

SASH_Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got it, thank you


All the best.