james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I've recently been to court with my ex partner over our

Hi, I've recently been to court with my ex partner over our property, the judge signed to say either he had to buy me out by the 1st of june or the property would go on the market, I've contacted his sister as she was in court but nobody replies what should I do next? Thankyou kste
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I'm in lancaster but the case was heard in Leicester
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have a court injunction the other party was in court but now I cant get them to respond
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's fine thankuou

With the court order, if they have not followed through to buy you our, then you can go ahead and market the property.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He lives in the property and ignores any attempt to make contact

You can still go ahead and market the property. Send him a time and date when you will attend with an estate agent. If he then fails to let you in, go straight back to court. Judge may then hold him in contempt of court?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou for your time, good bye

Your welcome , take care.

come back if you need further assistance.

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. Although you have already paid, I won’t be paid by Justanswer for my time if there is no rating left for me.