12826847

I have been presented with a letter from my employer today

Customer Question

I have been presented with a letter from my employer today informing me about a disciplinary hearing regarding allegations of me 'using unwanted words of a bullying nature & not supporting/teaching' my apprentice.
JA: Have you discussed the disciplinary action with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Not yet
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: My company use an independent HR company.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

What do you specifically want to know about this, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ben , I would like to know my rights and my options going forwards.
I believe that the process has not been carried out correctly.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

How long have you worked there for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
21 years
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Why do you believe that the process has not been carried out correctly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you happy to continue with chat?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

yes sure

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its really hard to sum that up in a online chat....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I suppose that the best we can do is get guidance for the disciplinary hearing that is to be held on Tuesday!!!
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

what guidance specifically are you after?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've been 'mentoring' a young chap for nearly 3 years now and he has presented my employer with a grievance letter regarding my 'attitude' towards him.
I was emailed by my employer to state that he needed to chat with me regarding something that has come to light and then had to wait for 3 days before he actually told me the issue; having said conversation postponed 3 times in this period.
He emailed me a letter of allegation at 4.30pm 19th May, with a meeting arranged for the following day, at 12.00pm, to get my side of the issue. I do not believe I was informed of enough detail and given enough time to prepare for this.
Since this meeting i have signed the minutes but have had no contact at all until today when I received info regarding a disciplinary hearing!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's why I wanted to discuss over the phone because I don't know what to do!
Would it be beneficial to call tomorrow to discuss further?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry but I personally won’t be free for calls over the weekend – however your request is open to all experts so if anyone else is free they will accept it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. Will anyone be able to help tonight do you think?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

I honestly can’t say – we are all freelancers working remotely so I have no idea who is around or not, although majority of my phone calls were accepted by others today

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

I suggest you leave it for a day or so and see what happens then if no one replies you can ask for a refund

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.