How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 19516
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I am not sure who to talk to but I guess this is a start. I

This answer was rated:

Hello, I am not sure who to talk to but I guess this is a start. I have started building an online Dropshipping website. This is the first time I have ever done this. I will be advertising products from china as well as other sources on my website and basically selling those products to people for a higher profit. Those products will then be purchased from sellers in china from me using the customer's money from my website and shipped by the sellers in China. I will be using multiple sellers. My concern is TAX and insurance. I am aware that I will need to set myself up as a soletrader
JA: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?
Customer: Is there any adive
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: sorry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry about the mistake typing ---- as I was saying... I am starting a dropshipping business, I also have a full-time job and live in a Council house. I have contacted the council, and I'm aware that I need their permission before continuing my venture. However, I am not using my Home as a warehouse or having customers around to pick up parcels. For me, this is a start in learning about online business, its not really about making lots of money at the moment. It's a good way to get to know how the market works, how SEO works, how Taxes are paid as well as Insurance. But It needs to be legal so I don't get into trouble with the law. Hense my questions and concerns. Can you please advise me. Thank you.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to know what Taxes and Insurance I will need in the UK and what is my legal obligation when starting a Dropshipping website business. Where do I apply for tax and insurance while also having a full-time Job.

As a matter of law you need public liability insurance, that is it. Nothing else.

Your tax that applies depends on how much you make, so its hard to say.

But as a general rule as a sole trader you can earn up to £12,501 tax free.

Starter rate £12,501 to £14,585- 19%

Basic rate£ 14,586 to £25,158 - 20%

Intermediate rate£25,159 to £43,430 - 21%

You need to let HMRC know within 3 months. They will send you a self assessment tax return every year.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate.

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Jamie, I really appreciate your advise and will of course leave positive feedback.