james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I need your help. With my bank travel insurance pack. I pay

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I need your help . With my bank travel insurance pack . I pay every month for it . Like about 18 pounds . I was meant to travel to Bali in May however I could not due to the corona
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Am in England now
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: however am with Barclays and I requested my ticket money back from them as I pay for travel insurance so I filled a claim However It’s been almost 2 months now and they have asked me for all the documents which I have proof of the emails
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes . They then they final asked me for a for a letter to prove I pay for it I sent it to them . And I even sent them my bank statement as they wanted proof . The Barclays claim company just sent me An email Today’ at 16:20 hours Saying they can not go ahead with my claim as they need a form from the bank to say I pay and they need a starting date as in when I started paying This has gone on and on for almost 3 months it’s like they are playing games They owe me 600 pounds worth of my ticket Am tired now and it has gone on for so long as Barclays can’t give me more than my statement
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Someone said they where going t refer me to a lawyer

Hello I may assist today.

I have read you message, how can I help

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I get them to pay me as I have a insurance with them
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have sent all the documents they need
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can they do that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can type am at work can’t call
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry

Unfortunately you are one of many, who are stuck in a rut getting insurance money back.

The only bonus in your case is that your insurance is with your bank rather than a broker.

you have given then all the info they need, although there is no need for them to be taking so long. You could contact the and tell them that after 3 months of stalling you want you money. Tell the. You will give them 28 days to settle before you commence legal action To recover your money plus loss interest.

on a slightly different note, you say you were due to travel to Bali. How did you pay for the trip.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I used my NatWest card but my insurance is with Barclays
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What legal action can I take

When you say NatWest card, what type of card.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was a Visa card

Visa credit or debit card

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Debit card
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I emailed them explaining everything how they asked me for so many documents and I sent them all and for them to send me an email saying they can’t proceed with my claim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
However I also said I will be contacting ombudsman’
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For further action
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that message was just sent an hour ago

Ok thanks.
you could attempt to contact Natwest and look into money back claim on your debit card for what you paid out.

As far as Barclays go, you can just keep chasing them.

you could look at a civil action. For that you could need to send the insurance section a formal “Letter before Action”

In this you set out your claim formally, what the claim is for, how much they owe you and set a time for them to settle in full, again normally 28 days. Advice at the end of the letter, that if full settlement has not been received any the end of the 28days, then county court proceeding will commence against them without further notice.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where can I get the form to fill
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
who can I contact to proceed with the law

The first item you must send is the Letter before Action. That you draft yourself. If you fail to send that your case would fail for not following correct protocol.

If they do not settle by your deadline, then you start your county court claim.

You can submit that claim by post or online. I have attached a direct link to the court site for the online form.

https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just a quick question
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The letter I sent and hour Explaining wouLd that make my case fail
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Or it’s proceeding with court matter before filling a final letter

If you start formal action, the first stage is called pre action protocol. That is dealt with by the Letter before Action. Then stage 2 is submitting your form tot the court. If you fail to send the letter as stage 1, then stage 2 fails as you did not follow protocol.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why is step 3

court hearing

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I pay for all this .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Legal actions

There is a small fee when you submit your court application. It is cheaper to submit online.

No further costs after that if you act as Litigant in person. That means you represent yourself.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if I don’t litigant In person what will hapen

The you would need to pay for a lawyer to represent you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok that’s fine . I think I will do all you said
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou for helping me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you guys called the OMBUDSMAN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Or they are totally different people

No I am an independent lawyer who works with Just Answer.

Here is the direct link to the relevant ombudsman

https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumers/complaints-can-help/insurance

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. Although you have already paid, I won’t be paid by Justanswer for my time if there is no rating left for me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I have one more question. Is OMBUDSMAN good to use on this . Would they help or the legal steps you told are better
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Told me are they better *

They would not get your money back they can take action against the insurance company for any wrong doing that’s about it.They can take more than 5 months to allocate a case.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok that’s fine thankyou
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou so much for helping me

Your welcome good luck

Come back if you need further help. I am here to assist.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou so much . After 7 the trial will end or would I get charged every month after this

You can rate my answer now, that would be great. It stays with me, you can come back to it anytime for assistance for free.

after trial JA charge a monthly fee unless you cancel.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I cancel