james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I had a bylaw 17(1) conviction i was woundring of it will

hi
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: i had a bylaw 17(1) conviction i was woundring of it will affect my leave to remain application
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: yes am refugee in uk and am applying for infinite leave to remain
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about asylum?
Customer: i had my asylum approved 5 years ago
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

I assume this bylaw is in relation to the Railways act?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Contrary to Bye-law 17(1) of TFLrailway byelaw made under paragraph 26 of Schedule 11 to the greater London Authority act 1999
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thats the full thing

You would need to declare this along with any other matters such as speeding tickets, cautions, convictions etc on a visa application.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i did
thats the only thing i have as far as convictions go what are the chances of been denied becouse of it

What you did is a minor bylaw offence, not a major incident. You have been in the U.K. a long time with no issues. So you should be absoultly fine.

Please come back if I can assist further

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. Although you have already paid, I won’t be paid by Justanswer for my time if there is no rating left for me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you very much thats very assuring i dont have other questions am very greatfull for talking to me at this time

You are welcome, good luck with your application for leave to remain