How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aaron D Your Own Question
Aaron D
Aaron D, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 572
Experience:  LLB, BPTC
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aaron D is online now

I would like to enquire as to if I need legai counsel for

This answer was rated:

I would like to enquire as to if I need legai counsel for myself.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I an in Doncaster
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I am a Resident in Railway Housing Association I have a health concerning Legionella disease which I strongly believe I suffered from last July/August last year
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I know that their asset manager has forwarded my emails regarding my enquiries so far to a legal counsel.

Hello, thank you for your question. My name is***** am a barrister and will assist you with this issue today.

Please be aware that this is an e-mail service rather than a live chat. Sometimes there will be some delay between responses but I will try to reply as soon as possible.

Can you clarify your question please - are you saying that you have suffered with injury/ disease as a result of something the Housing Association did?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I strongly believe so.
Last year in July/August I was admitted to Doncaster Royal Infirmary to the Respiratory Ward and placed in isolation
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can speak on the phone if you wish but I can answer your question quite quickly on here and a phone call will cost you extra. Are you sure you need a phone call?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was tested for TB but that came back negative after 3 days of sputum tests

Can you tell me whether you want the phone call still?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had had several antibiotics previously over 6-8 which I was unresponsive to
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tested positive for gram negative bacteria in my lungs and pulmonary embolisms confirmed by a CT Scan

With a case like this it can be complex and you have to prove the link between your illness and the actions of the Housing Association. I really wouldn't recommend trying to pursue this case without fully instructing a solicitor.

The good news is that a lot of personal injury solicitors will work on a conditional fee basis. This is what people refer to as "no win no fee".

These are useful as it means you don't have to pay the solicitor up front. If you win the case, they usually take 25% of your compensation as their payment. If you lose for any reason then you usually do not have to pay anything.

You can find a solicitor here: Make sure you look for a personal injury solicitor.

Just call/ email a few and they will tell you if they can help.

I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

I will remain available for any follow-up questions.

Aaron D and other Law Specialists are ready to help you