james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

We took out a financial loan to buy a car and it’s a real

Customer Question

Hi we took out a financial loan to buy a car and it’s a real bad car. Turbo has gone and other things so we are in our 90 days. We wanted help but the financial company won’t do anything
JA: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: Buckinghamshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Emails saying we want to take the car back or happy to keep it if they repair the car
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the company we brought the car from have stopped trading
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  james bruce replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to hear what has happened.

unfortunately, you are still liable for the payment of the vehicle.

If the car dealer has gone bust, there is not much you can do there.

With regards ***** ***** car itself, depending on your finance agreement, the finance company could repossess the car if you fail to keep up payments, and then come after you for balance of payment due.