How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Chendo Your Own Question
Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2885
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
Type Your Law Question Here...
Anthony Chendo is online now

I am currently the defendant in a money claim in which I

This answer was rated:

I am currently the defendant in a money claim in which I have a counterclaim. We received notice of allocation to small claims track on 26 Feb 2020. The document stated that the court and the other party must receive all documents by 25th March 2020. The other party failed to send me documents, so I informed the court. A general form of judgement or order was sent out notifying that the claimant must send me her documents by 21st March 2020. She failed again to send me documents. Another general form of judgement was sent which stated she had contacted the court and she had until 8th June 2020 to send me here statement and documentation. I received those documents today but her statement is dated 5th June 2020. This means she has had since 25th March 2020 to gather further evidence and whereas mine were all sent before 25th March 2020. Can I request her statement be null and void because of this?


Thanks for the update.

I will review your question and will return to you today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you


Thanks for your patience.

Just to clarify is there an order from the court which states the claimant must send the statement by 8/6/2020?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on the new order

Given there is a new order which permitted the claimant to serve the documents by 8/6/2020 then it unlikely your intended request will succeed.

However I suggest you review the statement and check whether it makes comments in response to the contents within your statement. If it does then i suggest you consider sending a supplementary statement and asking the court to rely on it. This is because if things were done correctly in the first place the claimant would not have made comments in direct response to the contents within your statement.

Do you understand what i have stated, if not please let me know?

However if I have clarified the position please before you leave JA today please rate the assistance provided by clicking on the 5 stars button at the top of your screen as this will help improve the service given in future.

Please note rating does not come at any extra costs

Anthony Chendo and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Been a great help

Your Welcome and have a good day