Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

I bought a mini last July 3,000, from second hand car

I bought a mini last July 3,000, from second hand car dealer , he charged me for a service and new mot , yet in the first week of ownership I brought the car back engine management light came on, he sent me to his mechanic who cancelled the problem , 02 sensor engine running rich, in aug2019 took car back no oil , he put 4 litres in ,and his response was these cars burn a lot of oil, I replied not this much if you serviced it last month according to you. he said if problems get rid, asked him about what was done in the service under warranty he claimed it covered engine now it had an engine problem he says get rid. dec2019 car was misfiring he said he get his mechanic to look at the car again he would phone me ,never happened took it to specialist who charged over 3000 to fix which took four months to save, I wish to sue the dealer for repairs as invoice says warranty yes/ but no time specified , or what it covered,
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none as yet as I intend to sue in small claims court
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

From the circumstances given it appears your rights under the consumers rights act 2015 has been breached. This is because it states services provided must be performed with reasonable care and skill and goods provided must be fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. In view of the circumstances there is an argument that the pre contract information did not match was you actually received and/or the repairs undertaken to fix the faults were not performed properly and as a result you suffered a loss.

In view of this you have a number of remedies available to you to ensure you are not left with a defective door.

Before I proceed to discuss the remedies do you understand what I have stated so far? If yes I will proceed?

I note you have reviewed the answer given.

If i have clarified the position please before you leave JA today please rate the assistance provided by clicking on the stars button at the top of your screen as this will help improve the service given in future.

Please note rating does not come at any extra costs.

Thanks and stay safe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is small claims court the steps to take !!!

Yes it's the county court and given the value if the claim is below £1000 the small claims procedure will be used to manage the claim.

Please see the link below which is how you can start the claim

https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim

I have also attached a user guide to review too.