How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 80430
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am on bail but my court case got cancelled because off

Customer Question

I am on bail but my court case got cancelled because off covid 19 can Can u tell me when it ends
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Pocklington
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Just doing as I’m told and going by my bail conditions
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: It’s because I am having a baby and I would like to know if I can be there at the birth
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am wondering would u be able to change my bail conditions so I can be there for the birth off my first child
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay.

Why are you bail conditions preventing that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That I can’t be In hull
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Is the mother of your child a witness?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

OK, does she support the application?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the information

You can apply for a short term variation of your bail conditions. If she supports the application then that would be helpful.

Obviously the presumption is always against a defendant having contact with a witness and, if the restriction is from the whole of Hull, then I imagine this is a fairly serious allegation or there have been others.

But this is a life changing event and often they will concede for a short term variation.

Your solicitors can apply to court though.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.