12826847

In December last we bought 3 Tickets for a production of the

Good Morning - In December last we bought 3 Tickets for a production of the King & I at the Bristol Hypadrome theatre on 27 March. (Grand Daughter's xmas present). The show did not run because of Covid lockdown and we were advised that the show had in fact been "postponed" - we have no interest in a postponed show and have asked for a refund which has been refused. Were do we stand please?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: No to lawyer, We live in England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We have asked for a refund but suspect it is a ticketing agency so are not hopeful - on the phone they are adamant "no refund if the show has been Postponed" - it seems to us and they would not answer this point that one could postpone a show for years and years!!
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at this stage thanks

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

I don't suppose you paid by visa?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually by Master Card
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cancel call - happy typing!

Thanks for the information.

Can you give me 20 mins to dictate an answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good awaiting responce to my question IE is the ticket seller's position legal

Sorry for the delay.

In terms of the contract that you have with the agents, the starting point is the actually they are liable for a refund because come what may they sold you a ticket to an event that cannot go ahead.

However, the good thing you did was paid by visa and under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act you have comparable rights against your visa card company as against the merchant. Therefore you can just ask them to claw back the fees.

If they refuse then you can Sue the agent for the sum you paid.

You do have a claim.

You should recover your money.

If all else fails, there are loads of ticket resale sites well you can pass these on and get full value for the ticket.