Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

My wife and I set up a company in September last year, In

Customer Question

Hi my wife and I set up a company in September last year, In Huddersfield, It’s provides aesthetics and sports massage. We have now realised there are a number of companies with the same name ‘Revive’ and have been contacted by two saying we cannot use that name as they use it already. One is an aesthetics nurse in Middlesbrough and a beauty therapist in huddersfield. We are considering trademarking the business name and logo to give protection to further businesses contacting and demanding we change our name. I have checked on Gov.uk website and it has not been claimed previously. Is it worth attempting to protect ourselves from future issues or change our name (we are reluctant to do this as we have developed a good business and is know and respected locally).
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: Live in England. Not talked to a lawyer, however my wife does have professional indemnity insurance and through that a solicitor sent a letter to the company in Middlesbrough and to our knowledge they have not followed this up any further.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have looked on the Gov.uk website and typed in a number of different name combinations which we might like to use and none have or are currently being used, I think it falls into class 44 for the business service type.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don’t think so, this is mainly why I am on this platform for advice.
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 1 year ago.

Hi thank you for your message if the name has not already been claimed then you should claim it. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jeremy, thanks for your reply. The company in Sunderland is ‘Revive Aesthetics’ can we differentiate ourselves enough to protect ourselves from further issues by using an unclaimed name on gov.uk of ‘Revive Huddersfield’ but use aesthetics and sports massage within our marketing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cancel phone call request

Yes that is fine as long as the name is ***** ***** the same that is fine. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.