How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4659
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

Family law. with being accused of domestic abuse, Help*

This answer was rated:

Family law. Hell with being accused of domestic abuse
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Help*
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Nothing. My next has accused me of Domestic abuse. Falsely I received the divorce petition yesterday ex*
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes. I have proves of domestic abuse against my self. And threats
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I live in CH65 3BT
I have been under coercive control for years. My ex wife left me 5 months ago and filed a divorce against me accusing me of Coercive control and domestic abuse
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
These are false accusations and I have proves against all her allegations

Hi, I'm Lea and I have reviewed your query.

Has she used the ground of unreasonable behaviour and these accusations have come on the petition?

Please bear in mind this is an email service and not a live chat so responses may not be instantaneous. I am not available for calls, but in all cases it is very likely you can be helped online.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your answer Yes she did use the grounds of u reasonable behavior and these are in the petition

The reality is, that if you object to the allegations she has made then you should respond to them to correct them, particularly if there are children involved as it may impact that. The alternative is for you to cross petition and put your own allegations forward whilst denying hers.

You can also accept the divorce petition but put in a statement with your evidence denying her allegations.

SASH_Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well we have a hearing in court ? Will we have to go attend and go through all stressful events? I haven’t done anything but if I deny what is the probability of me being charged of domestic abuse ? And how will this have an impact? Particularly we have been separated for 6 months.

You will have a hearing if you cross petition so that the judge can see if you can agree to disagree and divorce on the basis of slightly changed grounds. If not, a longer hearing will be listed so that you each give evidence.

You are unlikely to be charged with anything - divorce court is civil, not criminal.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been stressed since morning , my ex false allegations are cruel and very putting down and showing me as a monster, I can’t believe the love of my life did this and says this about me to a court, moreover I am worried about the impact of such accusations on my career, my immigration status, and my kids, although I have enough evidence to deny them and cross petition, I am still worrying particularly when I have been in lockdown on my own, kids staying away from me

Do the cross petition as then the court can investigate the matter and decide who they believe is telling the truth.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You're very welcome.

All the best.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could the petition be withdrawn if I do cross petition?

It would be up to your husband to withdraw his petition if he wanted to.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for support