Lawyer21
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer
31642296

My Naturalization Certificate. Sorry that was to quick -

My Naturalization Certificate.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Sorry that was to quick - Pressed the wrong key..... I'm trying to send a paragraph explaining what I need........ Won't be long...
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I'm needing my British Naturalization Certificate.. I was born in SA, I have a British Passport and am a British Citizen . I need this Certificate to enable my daughter to get her British Passport. British Nationality Act 1948 Section 12(6).......South Africa Act, 1962 Section 1 My Father's Registration Number is ***** my younger sister's Registration Number A.622d, 4th child so expect mine to be A622c. So I need to find where I can get a copy to give to my daughter.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No .

Hi How can I help?

I will read your question and respond

You can use this link to obtain a replacement of a Naturalisation certificate as a British citizen.

https://www.gov.uk/get-replacement-citizenship-certificate

You must pay a fee to order a replacement registration or naturalisation certificate, or to correct mistakes on a certificate.

How you order a certificate depends on when you became a citizen.

If you became a citizen after 30 September 1986

Replace a lost or damaged certificate

It costs £250 to replace a lost or damaged certificate.

Fill in the form online. You’ll usually be able to keep your documents while your application is being processed.

You can get help with completing the online form if you:

• do not feel confident using a computer or mobile device
  • do not have internet access

You can only use this service if you’re applying in the UK.

If you live in the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man or a British overseas territory, you have to apply in person or by post instead. Check which you can do with your governor’s office.

If you live elsewhere, you can apply in other ways.

You must tell the police if your certificate has been stolen.

Correct mistakes on a certificate

1. Download and complete an application for a correction of a registration or naturalisation certificate.

2. Send the form and your original certificate to Department 1, UKVI.

3. You’ll need to pay a £250 fee if the mistake on your certificate was your fault. UKVI will send you a letter telling you if you need to pay.

Department 201
UKVI
The Capital
New Hall Place
Liverpool
L3 9PP

If you became a citizen on or before 30 September 1986

You can search the National Archives and order a certified copy for a:

• registration certificate issued between 1 January 1949 and 30 September 1986
  • naturalisation certificate issued between 1 January 1844 and 30 September 1986

You cannot get a replacement certificate from UKVI if you became a British citizen before October 1986. Contact UKVI for help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This was done in 1963 in South Africa so it means that I can't get a replacement certificate

The Home Office will not hold a copy if you become a British citizen before Oct 1986.

However, you can search from the National Archives and order a certified copy for

This will be the way forward in order for you to obtain a replacement certificate.

Thank you for your question today.

Before you go, I would be grateful if you will give me a positive rating by clicking on the above stars and press submit. I would appreciate it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I can't get a copy of my naturalisation certificate - I need some kind of document that proves that I am a British Citizen.

You have a British passport?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So this proves that you are British?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry that sounded wrong, in my daughter's application for a British Passport it says that I need a document showing that I am a British Citizen and was Nationalized in 1963.