UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I had a question in regards to business legal advise -

Customer Question

Good Afternoon, I had a question in regards ***** ***** legal advise - Director termination to be exact. Is it possible for a director to resign without the knowledge of the main shareholder or/and other directors in a company ? Many thanks
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London - UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: non
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11830496This is the company I am inquiring about. It has 1 shareholder owning 100% of shares. And 4 directors - how I resign from directorship ? Do the other directors need to agree ?If the Company has a BBL Bounce back loan taken from the Governmnet - will i still be liable for it personal ?Many thanks
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am ok to wait
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 1 year ago.

You may resign as a director by filing form TM01 at Companies House: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/terminate-an-appointment-of-a-director-tm01

You do not need the approval of the others to resign but they will find out eventually that you have resigned.

The company is a separate legal entity from you, so any liability of the company does not make you automatically liable unless you were involved knowingly in any fraud or wrongful activity.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But as you can see the company has a PSC ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does that mean anything ?

Not relevant to the answer I have given.

All the best. Please click on 5 stars