How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 5169
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

My neighbour has replaced a hedge with a fence but has moved

Customer Question

My neighbour has replaced a hedge with a fence but has moved the fence about one and a half feet on to my land. What can I do?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: no I have asked them to move it but they say we are just being akward
JA: Where is the land located?
Customer: at the front of my house
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just want some options
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  james bruce replied 1 year ago.


I will assist today.

You have spoken with neighbour, that’s good, even if his rely is not.

Next, double check both title deeds and plan with the Land Registry.

Next you could seek help from your local council.
Finally, if the land is yours, you could seek a court order to remove yeh fence.

Expert:  james bruce replied 1 year ago.

Can I assist further, here to help,you.

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. Although you have already paid, I won’t be paid by Justanswer for my time if there is no rating left for me.