12826847

On 1st May I ordered a laptop from Argos priced at

Customer Question

On 1st May I ordered a laptop from Argos priced at £599.99.After setting up, realised it was not laptop ordered and on checking box - a different number was displayed, overstuck with another code label. Despite lengthy emails to and fro from Argos, I am unable to get satisfaction that I have been supplied and charged for wrong item. Also warranty from HP is showing warrant expires on 14th October 2020.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, where is this? And when was the warrant issued?
Customer: This is the UK and the warranty for this laptop was issued on 15th Oct. 2019.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Many emails to and from Argos who, despite being sent pictures of box with 2 labels on, neither referring to laptop in my possession, can get no satisfaction. I suspect that some dishonesty has occurred here and my last email said I was going to refer the matter to trading standards, after which they really dont want to know
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have the box with 2 labels on and all emails sent and received.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

How can I help?